Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Brief Chronological Overview of my stay in Senegal:


I left near the end of January and once I arrived in Dakar, Senegal, the capital, I stayed in Dakar for a few days with other exchange students to become familiar with the capital. 
After that, we were moved to St. Louis, Senegal into our separate host family homes.  We stayed with our host families for about a month until March when we moved on campus to live in the dorms with other students.
Once on campus we started our classes as well as our internship and required Wolof courses (the native language).
My stay ended up slightly different than the other exchange students at Hamline as I became sick a few months into my stay.  After several visits to different medical centers in St. Louis, I ended up being brought to the hospital.  After spending three days in the hospital, I was flown home to the United States for care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment